Search engine optimization is nowadays more important than ever. Every webmaster to understand the true meaning of SEO as well as the potential it creates for every business, search engine optimization is necessary.
A set of rules that can be followed by website (or blog) owners to optimize the websites for search engines is Search engine optimization or SEO in short. It improves their search engine rankings. It is a great way to increase the quality of the websites by making them user- friendly, faster and easier to navigate. The whole process has a number of rules, a number of stages and a set of controls, thus SEO can also be considered as a framework.
Why is SEO important?
SEO marketing is more important than ever in today’s competitive market. Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. If we have a website, blog or online store, SEO can help our business grow and meet the business objectives.
SEO is important because:
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS). So take advantage of this and gain visitors to the website or customers to our online store we need to in the top positions.
- Good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a website. SEO is not only about search engines.
- Having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user search increases the website’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of websites.
- People who find our website by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big website.
- Websites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way.
- Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put us ahead of the competition. The search engine optimized website is more likely to have more customers and make more sales if two websites are selling the same thing.
The above definition may sound complicated for beginners to SEO. In simpler terms, Search Engine Optimization is a way to improve our website so that it will appear closer to the top positions in the search results of Google, Yahoo, Bing or other search engines. Optimizing our website for search engines will give us an advantage over non-optimized sites and it increases the chances to rank higher.